Friday, March 18, 2011

SOUND THE ALARM!!!

Whew! Today,so far, has been a day!!! My lil darlings are off school. So, I decided We should do something fun! Quite honestly, I just didn't feel like cleaning my palace or its throne and listening to the prince and princesses whine about how mean I am for making them clean! So off to the Cincinnati Museum Center we go. It started out great. We went to the Natural History Museum , which my kids loved . Then, we decided to hit the dreaded beloved Children's Museum. And there, in the middle of the balls center my Jonathan decided to karate chop and Asian child. So, being a responsible parent(ha!ha!) I decide to go up to the Asian child's parents to apologize,only to realize they don't speak English. What the hell? I thought every Asian was brilliant and spoke multiple languages. After I am finished apologizing to the Asians( they keep smiling at me while their kid is screaming in front of them pointing to Jonathan)  Leah heads over to the playhouse. And there, the infamous "let me pee my pants and not tell my Mom "happened. Only, did I realize that she peed her pants when she started walking like a penguin because not only are her underwear and pants wet, but  her socks are too. So I haul all of them into the bathroom ,while I am drying her pants with the hand drier.Finally I get the pants dry and Leah has that "oh so natural" smell of urine to her. You are probably thinking" Why didn't you just leave?" I have the perfect answer: I am a complete cheap ass and just paid $32.00 for my family to get into the historical joint.
 We finally venture back out into the chaos of the Children's Museum. My kids are having a great time playing, when Ella decides that she sees the cave area that she is going to explore.ALONE! She totally wandered away from me. I seriously thought my heart was going to pump out of my chest. Do you know how many pervs probably lurk in those museum centers? I am searching everywhere and can't find her for 10 minutes. I decide to go to the front desk and tell them that ultimately, I lost my kid. They call a code 3 and don't let anyone out or in of the Children's  Museum until she is found. Thank goodness she freaked out when she tried to come back and find me and had a meltdown when I was nowhere to be found. Sometimes,meltdowns can be good things! Remember that!
We decide to leave the Children's Museum(yay!) and head to the History of Cincinnati Museum. Everyone was getting a little cranky at that point and I felt like a rung out washcloth. We are getting ready to leave and Leah is running and takes a face plant on the carpet. She starts screaming. I scoop her up  in one arm,while pushing the stroller  with the other hand, and trying to keep an eye on my escape victim(Ella Rose) walking in front of me.I decided we got our 32.00 worth of a visit, which I could have spent on fast food and alcohol if I would have known how stressful this day would have been. With my hands full ,Ella goes to push the handicap door button and instead presses the fire alarm which was right next to it.And yes, we found out that they did change their batteries for their fire alarms when we had to spring forward. Ouch!It was loud! SOUND THE ALARM!! THIS MOMMA IS TOAST!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. you should have let the one that peed play in the water area. I usually don't let my kids in there because it's like taking a bath with their clothes. LOL. ;-)

    ReplyDelete